If your items turn immediately, it can be caused by a metal-to-skin oil reaction. Each persons oils can make each metal react differently. We are not responsible for your skins reaction to metal or vise versa. Feel free to use a mild jewelry cleaner on 14K Gold, & Gold Filled jewelry. Stainless Steel & Gold Plated jewelry will turn naturally over time, but there's no way to reverse this. Oxidation is not a manufacturing defect or fault.
Some factors that cause jewelry to oxidize and turn black or discolor :
- An individual’s body acid. Your jewelry may be at a higher or earlier risk if you enjoy drinking or eating foods that are high in acid like; coffee, wine, fruit juices, oranges, tomatoes, vinegar, pickles, etc. Read more at the high acidic foods list.
- Prescription drugs. Certain medications like anti-depressants, sulfa drugs, some antibiotics or even multivitamins can interact with or change a person’s body chemistry.
- Cleaning products and chemicals. Direct contact with bleach, ammonia, acid, alcohol, chlorine, etc. will cause a chemical reaction to the metals of jewelry.
- Menopause. Woman in menopause can experience body chemistry and hormonal changes that make oxidation more possible while their body adjusting.
- Extremely moist skin. Some people can have physiological or metabolic states that stimulate excess moisture and perspiration (sweat) even without purposeful exercising. Especially moist skin can interact with the 7.5% metals with a green skin staining.
Everyone's skin type is different. Some people have strong reactions to bronze, nickel & gold plating. If you are susceptible to this, please avoid buying non-solid gold or sterling silver jewelry. We do not offer refunds or returns for this reason. We apologize in advance.